- 4Bs: Belonging, being, believing, behaving
- In Religious Education, is our approach to diversity too focussed on the ‘positions reached’ and not enough on the ‘ways of knowing’ that led people there?
- Speaking truth to authority, conscience and getting your retaliation in first.
- Religious Education and the subject’s title
- 79 year old retired PE teacher rescues 87 year old from deep ditch
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Category Archives: Uncategorised
4Bs: Belonging, being, believing, behaving The conversation around religion and non-religion, belief and non-belief, theism and atheism sometimes treat these terms as interchangeable. I don’t think they are. Religion / non religion is about participation in and commitment to organised communities … Continue reading
In Religious Education, is our approach to diversity too focussed on the ‘positions reached’ and not enough on the ‘ways of knowing’ that led people there?
In Religious Education we often focus on trying to ensure we cover different positions both between and within traditions. But there is another ‘diversity’ that is related to religious ways of knowing, not just positions held. So you could approach … Continue reading
One of the questions raised by the Commission for RE is about the possible change in subject title. Maybe RE is old fashioned and we need something like Philosophy, Ethics and Belief. I am agnostic to the value of subject … Continue reading
It’s not exactly the kind of question my wife expected but when a 9-year-old comes up with that, you just know she has been doing RE at school. Mum -, ‘that’s an interesting question – what makes you ask it?’ Daughter … Continue reading